Who are we?
Bloom Automation Inc. is a Boston area automation and robotics company catering to the agricultural industry. Bloom’s current AI powered robotic trimmer serves the post-harvest processing needs of commercial cannabis cultivators and producers. Bloom’s robots represent a turnkey solution to the tedious cannabis trimming process, by providing the quality of a hand trim with the consistency of robotics. Using machine-vision powered algorithms, our trimming robots are capable of understanding and labeling each segment of the plant. After 2 years of research, development, and with the help of numerous strategic partners Bloom is now shipping Beta robots for field testing.
Software controls Engineer
Who are you?
We are looking for an adventurous individual who desires to work in the fast-paced world of start-ups and has an excellent skill set to offer a growing robotics company. This person is not afraid to be on the cutting-edge innovation in agriculture. At Bloom Automation, our mission is to create new business opportunities in the booming cannabis industry.
• Live in the Greater-Boston area or willingness to relocate to the Greater-Boston area
• Have 2-3 years of relevant job experience
• PLC programming in 1: ANSI C, Structured Text or Ladder Logic for B&R (ABB) PLC or similar systems (Structured Text preferred)
• PLC configuration with B&R Automation Studio 4.5.2 or similar IDE
• PLC troubleshooting motion functions and scripts
• Programming concepts basics for example able to read and comprehend Python or C++
• HMI troubleshooting and maintenance experience
• Experience handling Industrial protocols like Modbus, Powerlink, or equivalent for PLC communication
• Understanding of automation control techniques
• Industrial Automation experience or similar
• Able to work in a fast paced, small company, startup environment.
• Project management skills to keep track of your own deliverables
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to communicate with and manage outside resources (contractors, vendors, etc...) to collaborate on projects
Note: If you are having trouble uploading your resume on our website, please feel free to apply on Angel's List or Indeed